Update: Forward progress on Fresno wrecking yard fire stopped. 500+ vehicles were involved
Fire crews battled a large blaze at an automobile wrecking yard involving as many as 500 vehicles on Thursday south of Fresno, Cal Fire said.
The Fresno Foreign Wrecking yard fire was reported just before 1 p.m., an official with Cal Fire said.
Cal Fire reported around 3:15 p.m. on social media that forward progress on the blaze had been stopped:
“Forward progress of the fire has been stopped. 500+ vehicles are involved with heavy overhaul needed to mop up all hot spots. Cause of the fire is currently under investigation.”
Multiple units from nearby agencies assisted with the blaze at Golden State Boulevard and North Avenue, Cal Fire said.
There were no reports of injuries.
This story was originally published May 19, 2022 at 2:17 PM.