Thanksgiving is upon us. So much to eat, so much to plan, so many friends and family to enjoy. Or endure.
Here’s a quick menu of ways to prepare for the holiday.
- Hard to imagine a better person from whom to absorb true turkey-cooking zen than Mary Pitman, the woman behind Mary’s Free-Range Turkey. Pull up to her table and get some tips.
- Need help for dinner planning or preparation? Or just a sympathetic ear? Here are some Thanksgiving hotlines and websites. Reach out.
- Here’s where you can go to purchase and a complete, take-home Thanksgiving meal. Sure, it sounds like cheating. But don’t let that stop you.
- There also are restaurants in the Valley that are open Thanksgiving Day and happy to feed you. But don’t dilly-dally on choosing a place; reservations might be necessary.
- Wow, that presidential election. What an eye-opener, eh? If you dread sharing a meal with people outside your political comfort zone, here are 10 rules that will help you and your family/friends co-exist, and maybe enjoy each other.
- Oh, and AAA is predicting the biggest Thanksgiving travel rush nationwide in nine years. Be careful out there.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.