Exeter man charged with attempted murder in drive-by shooting
A man who was already in jail on burglary charges now faces attempted murder charges in a drive-by shooting in Exeter that injured a 14-year-old girl, the Tulare County Sheriff’s Department said.
Brendon Lee Martin, 18, of Exeter, was arraigned Monday on the attempted murder charge in the April 23 drive-by shooting, the Sheriff’s Department said. Martin’s bail is set at $2 million.
On April 23, just before 10 p.m., an Exeter police officer responded to a 14-year-old who had been shot near Pine and F Streets. She sustained a non-lethal gunshot wound, and was transported to a local hospital.
According to the Sheriff’s Department, the girl was walking to the store with two others when a vehicle slowed near them and someone inside shouted gang slurs. As the vehicle sped away, two of the victims ran away but the girl dropped to the ground.
Ashleigh Panoo: 559-441-6010, @AshleighPan
This story was originally published June 6, 2016 at 9:06 PM with the headline "Exeter man charged with attempted murder in drive-by shooting."