Three teenagers arrested for assault with a deadly weapon in Hanford
Three teenagers are behind bars after an altercation among a group of people became violent on Saturday, the Hanford Police Department said.
Police were told that an argument between residents and the three teens broke out at 6:25 p.m. in the 200 block of East Ninth Avenue. The argument escalated when one of the suspects pulled out a .22-caliber handgun and began pointing it at the group, and all three teens shouted gang slurs, police said.
Officers responded to the incident of an assault with a deadly weapon, but the suspects had already fled.
Officers located them in the area of Myrtle and Brown streets, but they were uncooperative, police said. One of the suspects attempted to discard the gun. It found loaded with a round in the chamber.
Jose Herrera, 19, Carlos Garcia, 18, and Anthony Diaz, 19, were booked into Kings County Jail on three charges each of assault with a deadly weapon and brandishing a firearm, police said. They were also charged with carrying a loaded firearm with intent to commit a felony, conspiracy and participating in a criminal street gang.
They are each being held in lieu of $450,000 bail.
Troy Pope: 559-441-6442, @troycpope
This story was originally published February 15, 2016 at 12:54 PM with the headline "Three teenagers arrested for assault with a deadly weapon in Hanford."