Local

Gas leak forces evacuation of Roosevelt High auditorium

A small gas leak forced the evacuation of students from the auditorium at Roosevelt High School Wednesday morning.

Firefighters were called at 11:04 a.m. to the report of the smell of gas inside the auditorium, and students were moved outside, said Hector Vasquez of the Fresno Fire Department.

The leak was small, however, and only one engine company was needed to handle the situation, Vasquez said. Pacific Gas and Electric Co. workers were called to find the leak and stop it, he added.

Firefighters were able to leave the school by 11:30 a.m.

  Comments