Visalia firefighters rescued an elderly, wheelchair-bound woman from her smoke-filled home Monday night.
Battalion Chief Danny Wristen said the crew arriving at the home just west of Valley Oak Middle School in northeast Visalia about 8:20 p.m. saw light smoke at the front door. They found the woman inside, unable to get out of her wheelchair. A Visalia police officer helped get her out without harm.
The fire in a back bedroom was minor. It was caused by burning candles, Wristen said.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.