Local

House fire in Visalia may have been caused by porch light malfunction

A fire broke out at a home on Douglas Ave and Ben Maddox Way in Visalia early Sunday afternoon.

The fire extended from the back of the porch into the attic of the house.

One man was home at the time of the fire and was not injured, and firefighters removed the owner’s two dogs without injury.

The fire caused approximately $40,000 worth of damage to the property and $7,000 to the contents.

The fire may have been caused by an electrical malfunction of an overhead light on the back porch, but it is still under investigation.

Bridget Webster: 559-441-6304, @bridgetw05

  Comments