Fresno police arrest two men in the fatal shooting of teenager outside of bowling alley
Two men have been arrested for the fatal shooting of 18-year-old Devin Johnson at the Bowlero Fresno last month.
Arrested Monday was Giovanni Gustavo Rodriguez, 19, and Rafael Ordaz Gonzalez, 18. Both men were booked into the Fresno County Jail on a charge of murder. Their bail was set at $1.5 million.
They were expected to be arraigned in Dept. 32 on Wednesday, but the hearing was continued to March 23.
Johnson was shot to death in the entryway of the bowling alley at Blackstone and Sierra avenues in north Fresno on Feb. 11 just after 10:30 p.m.
Police believe an altercation erupted between two groups inside the Bowlero and later spilled out in front of the building.
Johnson was shot multiple times and was taken to Saint Agnes Medical Center, where he died shortly after, police said.
Detectives declined to discuss the case on Wednesday, according to a police spokesperson. Chief Paco Balderrama spoke about it when asked at an unrelated news conference.
He said police could possibly make more arrests in the gun violence at Bowlero, calling it organized crime and gang related.
“We’re tying up loose ends in relation to warrants on that particular case. It’s a big case with a lot of community interest,” he said. “We do plan on releasing all the information (Thursday) in a press conference so we can talk about violent crime and this case specifically.”
This story was originally published March 2, 2022 at 9:17 AM.