Two people are without a home after an apartment caught fire in north Fresno on Tuesday night.
Battalion Chief Bob Van Tassel said the fire started just before 9:30 p.m. in the upstairs area of an apartment at Sierra North Village on Sierra Avenue near Blackstone Avenue.
Crews arrived and saw smoke coming from the attic and were able to knock down the flames immediately.
No injuries were reported, but the residents’ five dogs were missing. Crews were able to locate the animals with no injuries.
Van Tassel said investigators believe a burning candle may have started the fire. Damage was estimated at least $35,000.