▪ State Center Community College District Trustee Eric Payne was named Elected Official of the Year by the Fresno Metro Black Chamber of Commerce. State Center Community College District oversees Fresno City College, Reedley College, Clovis Community College, and Madera and Oakhurst Community College Centers.
▪ Lupe Jaime, Fresno County Office of Education’s director of early care and education, has been appointed a commissioner for the California Children and Families Commission. The commission is made up of seven members appointed by the governor, the speaker of the Assembly and the Senate Rules Committee. The commissioner’s term is two years.
▪ Arise Solar, a Clovis-based solar installer and SunPower Elite Dealer, received the SunPower “Commercial National Dealer of the Year” award for its outstanding performance as a SunPower dealer in 2015. The award honors SunPower commercial dealers that demonstrate exceptional customer service, knowledge and leadership in the United States.
▪ Ray Appleton, host of KMJNOW, will be presented with the Distinguished Citizen Award by the Sequoia Council, Boy Scouts of America.
▪ Family HealthCare Network President and CEO Kerry Hydash will be honored by The National Association of Community Health Centers with the Grassroots MVP Award. The award recognizes the dedication and energetic efforts by advocates to generate public and political support for the strength and expansion of America’s health centers.
▪ The Rotary Club of Fresno awarded $3,800 to Fresno/Madera Youth for Christ for improvements at the Campus Life Center; $3,500 to Fresno Metro Ministry for a web-based format project to include web development and design; and $5,000 to Break the Barriers Inc. toward the purchase of a Gallileo Tilt Table and additional devices that will support its Helping Open Possibilities with Exercise program.
▪ Guarantee Real Estate hired the following agents to its sales staff: Sandra Bowman, West/Herndon office; Lisa Dines, flex office; Tia Patterson and Lenore Christensen, Woodward Park office; Bill Ramirez, Clovis office; and Jake Alvarez, Palm/Nees office.
▪ Kaiser Permanente Fresno added new physicians William Lane, mental health; Wilson Chen, pediatrics; and Wendy Morales, surgery.
Does your company have a new hire, promotion, personnel change or important achievement to announce?
The Bee welcomes submissions to this column. Items and submitted photos are used as space is available.