▪ The Fresno Association of Realtors has installed its 2018 leadership team: President Brandon Gonzales and board members J.P. Shamshoian, Javier Cavazos, Melanie Barker, Julie Caglia, Sandy Darling, Lynn Heintz, Tom Hyatt, Joan Jolly, Amber Keene, Patrick Prince, Darryl Wong and Kristy Henry.
▪ North Fresno Rotary recently donated a total of $6,300 to the following organizations: Valley Public Radio, $1,000 for a wireless microphone, receiver kit and headphones; Fresno Art Museum, $2,800 for a new phone system; Youth for Christ, $1,000 for two laptop computers; and First Tee of Fresno, $1,500 for 20 sets of golf clubs.
▪ Bank of the West announced $300,000 in grants to support small business growth and job creation in the central San Joaquin Valley. The following nonprofit organizations will each receive $75,000: Access Plus Capital, Community Action Partnership of Kern, Stanislaus Business Alliance and Valley Small Business Development Corporation.
▪ Saint Agnes Medical Center has been named a leading hospital in the nation in the areas of neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery and cardiac care by Healthgrades and has been named one of America’s 100 best hospitals for spine surgery seven years in a row (2012-18).
▪ Aspen Kelley, a military spouse in Lemoore, has been awarded a fully-funded scholarship to Kaplan University as part of a partnership with ThanksUSA.
▪ North Fresno Lions gave $500 apiece to the Community Food Bank and the Salvation Army for the work they do in the community.
▪ The Marjaree Mason Center has announced two new directors and three board members ub its leadership. Brad Stevens has been named director of development and Mary Shamshoian has been named director of clinical services. Added to the board of directors are Giatri Dave, Kerri Horn and Michele Waldron.
▪ The Fresno Rotary Club has added two new members: Ginny Burdick and Deryl Shilling.
▪ Valley Center for the Blind received a $1,000 grant from ABB Optical Group. Eye-Q Vision Center nominated the charity for the impact they have on the visually impaired.
▪ Fresno police Sgt. Rudy Tafoya was named SWAT Officer of the Year by the California Association of Tactical Officers. He was honored Dec. 5 in San Diego for his contributions to the SWAT team for the past 18 years.
▪ Fresno Association of Realtors named Kristy Henry the 2017 Realtor of the Year and Elaine Steitz was named Affiliate of the Year.
▪ Robert Cardenas has joined the Visalia Medical Clinic team as a physician’s assistant, working with internal medicine and family medicine physicians. He graduated from Stanford University and has worked as a physician’s assistant since 1983.
▪ Dollar General has opened a new location at 3707 W. Shields Ave. and celebrated with an official grand opening Dec. 16.
▪ IES Engineering expanded its operations with the addition of a Fresno office at 7910 N. Ingram Ave. that will house an engineering, design, project management and automation staff with expertise in food and beverage manufacturing.
Does your company have a new hire, promotion, personnel change or important achievement to announce?
The Bee welcomes submissions to this column. Items and submitted photos are used as space is available.