There’s a new food truck in town — one that combines a love of the band Queen, local food and flatbread.
LoCAvoria559 Flat Bottom Grills debuted about a month ago. Does the name remind you of the song “Fat Bottomed Girls”?
Chef Josh Stout is a Queen fan. Once the name of the truck was created, “I ended up coughing up an entire menu based on all Queen puns,” he says.
That’s why you’ll find a menu with dishes such as:
- Armenian wrapsody (“Bohemian Rhapsody”), a chicken wrap with Sanger-based Mary’s organic chicken, Armenian feta bought at a local Armenian market, local cherry tomatoes and “microcilantro” (cilantro sprouts) from Fresno’s Quandt Farms.
- Another bun bites the dust (“Another One Bites the Dust”), a burger served with heirloom tomatoes, cheddar and bacon.
A creatively named caprese pizza, meatballs on flatbread and a breakfast quesadilla round out the menu.
Stout and co-owner Chris Jorgensen wanted ingredients to be local or regional when possible.
Everything is served on flatbreads.
“That means anything from tortillas to pita to naan, focaccia, the idea being that it’s easy to eat on the street,” Stout says.
For now it’s mostly pitas, but that will change with the seasons.
Joregensen met Stout when the pair worked together on another food truck, Eat Street Bistro, before starting LoCAvoria559 with their wives.
Where to find LoCAvoria:
- Enzo’s Table at Willow and Shepherd avenues in Clovis every Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- On Friday, July 31, LoCAvoria559 will be at the Kings River Winery in Sanger for its Friday Night Wine event. Cost $10 for event.
- Eatin’ on Eaton Fridays is a regular stop, but the truck won’t be there until the last two Fridays of August, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the water tower, 2400 Fresno Street.