The Fresno County Library’s Bookshelf column shares suggestions for books, music, and other items, and provides information about library programs.
Top 5 Most Requested Books
▪ “Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up,” by Marie Kondo.
▪ “The Guilty,” by David Baldacci.
▪ “Rogue Lawyer,” by John Grisham.
▪ “The Japanese Lover: A Novel,” by Isabel Allende.
▪ “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing,” by Marie Kondo.
▪ “Brute Force,” by Marc Cameron. It’s up to Jericho Quinn to sound the alarms and take back the United States when the president and vice president become the executive soldiers of a terrorist organization.
▪ “All Dressed in White: An Under Suspicion Novel,” by Mary Higgins Clark and Alafair Burke. Producer Laurie Moran thinks the story of a disappearing bride will make great TV, but it might produce fatal consequences for those involved.
▪ “Incorrect Merciful Impulses,” by Camille Rankine. From an upcoming, award-winning poet, this debut volume explores the joys and agonies of life in sharply-etched lines that will linger with the reader.
50 Years of “Batman” on TV!
▪ “Batman: The Complete First Season.” Just recently made available on DVD, here are the original 1966 episodes where Adam West and Burt Ward battle the Joker, the Riddler, the Penguin, Catwoman and assorted other villains.
▪ “Batman ’66, Volume 1,” by Jeff Parker and Tom Peyer. For fans who like to enjoy Batman in print, this reimagines the earliest TV episodes in graphic novel form.
▪ “Batman Detective Comics,” by Francis Manapul, Brian Buccellato and others. Batman’s earlier DC Comics adventures have been rewritten and redrawn, with a more contemporary feeling, in this exciting new series.
▪ Local Author Talk: Joe Ozier will discuss his new book, “Shea’s Lounge: The Story of a Dog That Found Her Forever Home.” 2-3 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 10, at the Betty Rodriguez Regional Library. Details: 559-600-9245.
▪ Computer Help One-on-One: Learn computer basics in a one-hour, one-on-one session with a staff member. 1-3 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 12, at the Sunnyside Regional Library. Please register in advance by calling 559-600-6594.
▪ Homework Help: Free homework help for K-12 students. 10:15 a.m.-noon, Saturday, Jan. 16, at the Politi Branch Library. Details: 559-431-6450.
This is a weekly column written by the Fresno County Public Library staff. Events are usually free. Visit fresnolibrary.org, or call 559-600-6227 for details.