Talk about lighting up the scoreboard.
That is exactly what Tulare and Dinuba highs did in a thrilling nonleague contest on homecoming night at Bob Mathias Stadium.
Tulare’s Kazmeir Allen, who decommitted from Boise State but remains a popular recruiting target, was the biggest scoring machine.
In the end, The Bee’s fourth-ranked Tribe prevailed 69-47 over the Emperors behind a school-record seven touchdowns from the senior running back.
Allen also rushed 30 times for 335 yards, which is the seventh-best mark in school history, according to section historian Bob Barnett.
For the season, Allen has 81 carries for 994 yards, along with 26 total touchdowns.
Tulare trailed 35-34 in the third quarter after Dinuba’s Jose Calderon caught a 10-yard pass from Josh Magana. But the Tribe scored the next two times to put the game away.
Fresno State commit Emoryie Edwards had three touchdown receptions – including two from Nathan Lamb that went for 71 and 23 yards in the third quarter.
A look at Kazmeir Allen
How the Tulare High senior running back fared this season
- Sept. 29: vs. Dinuba, 30 carries, 335 yards, 7 TDs (school record)
- Sept. 22: vs. Independence, 2 carries, 74 yards, 6 TD
- Sept. 8: vs. Redwood, 19 carries, 210 yards, 4 TDs
- Sept. 1: vs. El Diamante, 11 carries, 189 yards, 4 TDs
- Aug. 25: vs. Mt. Whitney, 19 carries, 186 yards, 5 TDs