A house in east-central Fresno was badly damaged after a fire apparently started by a generator on the porch spread throughout the home.
Fresno firefighters responded to the 1500 block of East Hammond Avenue just after 2 p.m. They found the house fully engulfed in flames, generating a plume of smoke visible from nearby Highway 168.
Neighbors said they attempted to get the owner, who was inside when the fire began, to leave. At first, he refused, but he eventually grabbed his dog and left the burning home.
The owner, who declined to give his name, said a generator on his porch was to blame His power was shut off a few days ago, requiring the generator, he said.
Never miss a local story.
This story will be updated.