The Fresno County Library’s Bookshelf column shares suggestions for books, music, and other items, and provides information about library programs.
Top 5 Most Requested Books
▪ “Rogue Lawyer,” by John Grisham.
▪ “Killing Reagan,” by Bill O’Reilly.
Never miss a local story.
▪ “See Me,” by Nicholas Sparks.
▪ “Make Me,” by Lee Child.
▪ “Career of Evil,” by Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling).
▪ “Our Lady of the Ice,” by Cassandra Rose Clarke. Humans and robots fight alongside each other to create an independent Antarctica … then, the plot turns far stranger.
▪ “The Single Undead Moms Club,” by Molly Harper. Libby Stratton becomes a vampire to beat late-stage cancer, but her simple plan runs afoul of the law, her family and even the PTA. A new installment in the Half-Moon Hollow paranormal romance series.
▪ “Becoming Beyoncé: The Untold Story,” by J. Randy Taraborrelli. From the author of numerous celebrity biographies, the dazzling story of this music star and fashion icon who shot to worldwide fame as a teenager.
It’s Vegan Month!
▪ “The 22-Day Revolution: The Plant-Based Program That Will Transform Your Body, Reset Your Habits, and Change Your Life,” by Marco Borges with Sandra Bark. This popular vegan-based routine has helped thousands shed pounds and gain better health.
▪ “The Blender Girl: Super-Easy, Super-Healthy Meals, Snacks, Desserts & Drinks,” by Tess Masters. Shows how a single kitchen appliance can become the source for all vegan food needs.
▪ “Plant-Based Paleo: Protein-Rich Vegan Recipes for Well-Being and Vitality,” by Jenna Zoe. The author demonstrates how plants, rather than meat, are a superior (and even better-tasting) source for the proteins everyone must have to survive.
▪ Friends of the Politi Library Book Sale: Get great bargains in books, CDs, DVDs and more! 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Thursday-Friday, Nov. 5-6, and 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 7, Headliner Shopping Center, First and Barstow avenues, Fresno. Details: 559-431-6450.
▪ Come Color with Us: Adult coloring for stress relief and relaxation. Pages and pencils are provided, or bring your own. 11 a.m., Thursday, Nov. 5, at the Senior Resource Center. Details: 559-600-6767.
▪ Mixed Media Painting for Adults and Teens: Learn how to make assemblages and collages with acrylic paints. Limited seating; pre-registration required. 6-7 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 5, at the Kingsburg Branch Library. Details: 559-897-3710.
This is a weekly column written by the Fresno County Public Library staff. Events are usually free. Visit fresnolibrary.org, or call 559-600-6227 for details.