The Mendota High School boys soccer team earned the top seed for this week’s SoCal Regional Division V playoffs.
The Aztecs (22-4-2), who went 12-0 at home this season behind star forward Danny Trejo, will host No. 8 La Cañada (14-5-6) in the opening round Tuesday.
Joining the Aztecs in the Division V bracket is Central Section Division V champion Chavez-Delano. The Titans are the fourth seed and will host No. 5 Santa Clara in the first round.
The Clovis High boys enter the Division I bracket as the No. 3 seed and will host No. 6 Paramount.
The Bullard High girls earned the fourth seed in Division I and will open the SoCal Regional against No. 5 Hart-Newhall.
Other first-round games in the area: boys – No. 2 Golden West vs. No. 7 Santa Maria in D-II, No. 4 Dinuba vs. No. 5 Salesian-Los Angeles in D-III, and No. 4 Lindsay vs. No. 5 Saugus in D-IV; girls – No. 4 Mission Oak vs. No. 5 Flintridge Prep in D-III, and No. 3 Fowler vs. No. 6 USC Hybrid-Los Angeles in D-V.
The CIF released eight-team brackets for each of the five divisions. All matches will be played at the school with the highest seed. The first round will be played at 4 p.m. Tuesday.
Semifinals are scheduled for 4 p.m. Thursday with the championship games at 4 p.m. Saturday.
Ticket prices for the first two rounds are $9 for adults and $5 for seniors (65+), children (5+) and students with a valid ASB card. General admission tickets for Saturday’s championships are $12 for adults and $8 for seniors, children and students with a valid ASB card.
CIF SoCal Regional Soccer playoffs
All matches at 4 p.m. Tuesday
- Division I: No. 1 St. Augustine-San Diego vs. No. 8 Edison-Huntington Beach, No. 2 Granada Hills Charter vs. No. 7 Palos Verdes, No. 3 Clovis vs. No. 6 Paramount, No. 4 El Toro-Lake Forest vs. No. 5 Coronado
- Division II: No. 1 Godinez-Santa Ana vs. No. 8 Canyon Crest Academy, No. 2 Golden West vs. No. 7 Santa Maria, No. 3 Hueneme-Oxnard vs. No. 6 Fremont, No. 4 Oceanside vs. No. 5 Valencia
- Division III: No. 1 El Dorado-Placentia vs. No. 8 Mendez-Los Angeles, No. 2 Montgomery-San Diego vs. No. 7 Saddleback-Santa Ana, No. 3 Del Norte-San Diego vs. No. 6 Citrus Valley-Redlands, No. 4 Dinuba vs. No. 5 Salesian-Los Angeles
- Division IV: No. 1 Citrus Hill-Perris vs. No. 8 Santee-Los Angeles, No. 2 Bellflower vs. No. 7 Community Charter-Lakeview Terrace, No. 3 Holtville vs. No. 6 Indian Springs-San Bernardino, No. 4 Lindsay vs. No. 5 Saugus
- Division V: No. 1 Mendota vs. No. 8 La Cañada, No. 2 Smidt Tech-Los Angeles vs. No. 7 Victor Valley-Victorville, No. 3 Adelanto vs. No. 6 El Cajon Valley, No. 4 Chavez-Delano vs. No. 5 Santa Clara
- Division I: No. 1 Torrey Pines-San Diego vs No. 8 Huntington Beach, No. 2 JSerra Catholic-San Juan Capistrano vs. No. 7 Steele Canyon-Spring Valley, No. 3 Mater Dei-Santa Ana vs. No. 6 Granada Hills Charter, No. 4 Bullard vs. No. 5 Hart-Newhall
- Division II: No. 1 Moorpark vs. No. 8 Redwood, No. 2 Vista Murrieta vs. No. 7 Eastlake-Chula Vista, No. 3 San Marcos vs. No. 6 Temecula Valley, No. 4 El Camino Real-Woodland Hills vs. No. 5 La Mirada
- Division III: No. 1 South-Torrance vs. No. 8 Port of Los Angeles-San Pedro, No. 2 Claremont vs. No. 7 La Jolla, No. 3 Our Lady of Peace-San Diego vs. No. 6 Bishop Amat-La Puente, No. 4 Mission Oak vs. No. 5 Flintridge Prep-La Cañada
- Division IV: No. 1 Sierra Canyon-Chatsworth vs. No. 8 Huntington Park, No. 2 Brentwood School-Los Angeles vs. No. 7 South Gate, No. 3 San Dieguito Academy-Encinitas vs. No. 6 Crean Lutheran-Irvine, No. 4 Viewpoint-Calabasas vs. No. 5 Kingsburg
- Division V: No. 1 Valley Christian-Cerritos vs. No. 8 Lincoln-San Diego, No. 2 Grace Brethren-Simi Valley vs. No. 7 Rosamond, No. 3 Fowler vs. No. 6 USC Hybrid-Los Angeles, No. 4 San Gabriel Mission-San Gabriel vs. No. 5 Pacific-San Bernardino