THE BEE'S SPRING ALL-STARS: BOYS SWIMMING FIRST TEAM, HONORABLE MENTIONS
• Vitals: Junior, Buchanan
• Qualifications: Named a diving All-American after capturing his second straight Central Section Division I title, topping the 21-competitor field in the 1-meter event with a score of 482.65, which was 56.95 points ahead of second place Ethan Meadows of Frontier. Three-time All-Bee pick was 95.45 points better than his section-winning total from last season.
• Vitals: Junior, Clovis West
• Qualifications: Reached the medal podium three times to contribute to Golden Eagles' 16th consecutive section team title, placing second in the 500 free (4:36.62) and fourth in the 200 free (1:44.05). Swam the second leg of the champion 400 free relay (3:08.07), which earned All-American status with the 82nd fastest time in the nation this season.
• Vitals: Senior, Buchanan
• Qualifications: Two-time All-Bee pick captured D-I title in the 100 breast (59.34 seconds) and placed fourth in the 200 IM (1:55.26) and swam on fifth-place 200 medley (1:40.68) and 200 free (3:17.33) relays for the Bears, who finished third as a team. The Bee's Player of the Year in water polo is headed to play that sport at Long Beach State.
• Vitals: Sophomore, Clovis West
• Qualifications: Finished in the top three in three events for the D-I champion Golden Eagles, taking second in the 100 back (52.46), third in the 100 fly (51.40) and first in the 200 medley relay, swimming the backstroke portion for a team that clocked an All-American 1:34.76, tied for 66th fastest in the nation this season.
• Vitals: Freshman, Clovis
• Qualifications: Distance specialist scored bronze medals in the 200 free (1:42.22) and 500 free (4:38.12) for the D-I runner-up Cougars. He swam the third leg of the winning 200 free relay in a consideration All-American 1:26.39 and the third leg of the second-place 400 free relay in an All-American 3:08.13 that was the 83rd fastest time in the nation.
• Vitals: Junior, Clovis North
• Qualifications: Became Broncos' first D-I swimming champion with gold-medal performance in the 100 free (46.80). Also placed fifth in the 50 free (21.74) and was a member of fourth-place 400 free (3:16.18) and fifth-place 200 free (1:30.09) relay teams for Clovis North, which was fifth as a team in D-I.
• Vitals: Sophomore, Clovis
• Qualifications: Earned a silver medal in the 50 free (21.35) and a bronze in the 100 free (46.96) at the D-I finals. Also anchored two relay teams for the D-I runner-up Cougars, leading the 200 free to first place in a consideration All-American 1:26.39 and helping the 400 free take second in an All-American 3:08.13, the 83rd fastest high school time nationally this season.
• Vitals: Sophomore, Buchanan
• Qualifications: Powered his way to a 3-second victory in the 500 free at the D-I finals, winning with a consideration All-American time of 4:33.83 that just missed being among the top 100 nationally. Olmos was also sixth in the 200 free (1:45.57) for the D-I third-place Bears.
• Vitals: Senior, Clovis West
• Qualifications: Finished second in the 100 free (46.88) and third in the 50 free (21.61) to help Golden Eagles win a 16th straight section championship. Also a member of two title-winning, All-American relays, swimming the freestyle portion of the 200 medley (1:34.76, tied for 66th fastest in the nation) and the leadoff led of the 400 free (3:08:07, 82nd fastest nationally).
• Vitals: Senior, Corcoran
• Qualifications: Swam the fourth-fastest times when combined with D-I while winning the 200 free (1:42.99) and placing second with a consideration All-American time in the 100 fly (49.70, tied for 75th fastest nationally) at the Division II finals. Three-time All-Bee selection also led Panthers to a win in the 200 medley relay (1:40.21). Signed with UC Santa Barbara.
• Vitals: Senior, Clovis West
• Qualifications: Capped stellar four-year career with four All-America or consideration performances while leading Golden Eagles to a 16th straight section title. Won the 200 free in a consideration 1:41.02 and placed second in the 100 fly in 49.18 with the 43rd fastest time in the nation this season individually. Swam butterfly leg of champion 200 medley relay that tied for the 66th fastest time in the nation at 1:34.76 and rallied Clovis West from behind to win the 400 free relay with the 82nd-best time in the nation at 3:08.07. The Arizona-bound Wright, who was The Bee's Swimmer of the Year in 2013, owns 10 first-place (four individual), three second-place (two individual) and two fourth-place medals from the section finals.