Problems with Black Lives Matter
The “Black Lives Matter” movement has created more problems than solutions, and created a hostile environment for the police who don’t get the respect they deserve; they are people just doing their jobs. “BLM” has created many false statements about the police — that they kill people for being black and if you are black, you are more likely to be arrested. The truth is if you haven’t done anything wrong, you should not have anything to fear.
Connor Stewart, Fresno
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Fresno Bee
Trump not really doing great job, II
I have read Tommie Autrey-Mahnert’s letter to the editor (Nov. 27) and I along with probably many more, would like to answer the belief that President Trump has accomplished all the things listed, that have helped Autrey-Mahnert and many other people in Fresno as well. So let me answer them one by one:
1. The president said his tax cut would benefit all. I’m sorry, but unless you are in the top 1 percent, you got nothing. Only corporations and large financial institutions got the tax breaks.
2. Yes, it is nice to be outspoken about our police, but every day more people are being killed by more guns on the street..
3. Yes, the unemployment is low, but I assume you read where GM is ending 14,000 jobs and closing plants in the States and Canada. By the way, Trump inherited the upswing from the Obama administration..
4. Yes, he got North Korea to the table, but after lunch he canceled the war games with South Korea, and Mr. Kim is back to some nefarious stuff in hidden tunnels. Mr. Kim got everything he wanted from the meeting, Trump got nothing of consequence.
5. If you will look, you will see the corrupt and inept cabinet of any president that I can remember..
6. As far as the military, where was he in France to honor the war dead. I guess his hair would have gotten wet.
So, Ms. Autrey-Mahnnert, please check your facts a bit better.
Ted Maltin, Fresno
End handouts, get people to work
All this free money, Section 8 housing and food stamps should not be given to illegal immigrants. It’s so out of control especially in California to the point of people being comfortable living off the taxpayers. I have heard people say, “Why should I go to work? I get more from welfare than I would if I get a job” Ridiculous!! People having one kid after another that the taxpayers are supporting.
No one should have it that easy, especially immigrants. If people do not agree with it then go ahead, move these people into your house and support them on your dime!
The only people we should be rolling out the red carpet to is our veterans. They have earned free health, food stamps, cash aid and free housing.
Can you imagine what we could do for our veterans if we stopped giving hand outs to immigrants or to lazy people that are so use to staying home and having children that they clearly cannot afford to take care of on their own? These people can take care of their own by doing what the rest of us taxpaying citizens do — work.
Esperanza Ruiz Morris, Fresno
Still backing our beloved Raiders
Mr. White sure does not know the true meaning of loyalty (Nov. 25).
It’s an allegiance, it’s unconditional.
Mr. White thinks Raider fans should jump ship.
Then why shouldn’t Ram fans do the same? Their owner left all the fans in St. Louis high and dry, moved the team back to California. They won’t because they are loyal.
Marc Davis is moving the Raiders for the same reasons. They both sound like smart businessmen to me — who want to win championships.
Mr. White, do you think 49er fans should also jump ship? They have not been in contention for years, they also packed up and moved to Santa Clara, should we call them the Santa Clara 49ers?
Heck no, will the fans jump ship? No, and God knows Raiders fans are just as loyal. Someone please explain this to Mr. White.
According to Mr. White, he thinks Raider fans should jump ship and go for the best team going in the NFL – the Patriots? They have been on a roll for 15 years, but when (Tom) Brady retires that will all change.
So Mr. White will that be time to switch teams — to the best thing going?
Mr. White sounds like the true definition of a fair-weather fan. Good thing Kansas City fans don’t think the way he does or they would’ve bailed on their Chiefs 20-plus years ago.
They are loyal; there is that loyalty bit, again.
David White should grab a dictionary and look up the word “loyalty.”
Karl Pieper, Fresno