Although I am a firm believer in the free enterprise system, I believe there is no room for it in the Medicare system if it is to survive.
I pay almost $100 per month for Part A of Medicare and it covers 80% of my accepted medical costs. I also have a supplemental plan which covers the remaining 20% of these costs, for which I pay about $150 per month. Compare these ratios of coverage to premium costs and you'll see why I believe capitalism has no place in Medicare insurance.
Apply just half of my supplemental premium to a one-Medicare-source coverage and both Medicare and I will be better off.
Let the supplemental insurer stick to non-Medicare policies.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Anthony R. Cottone