In 1910, dignitaries gathered at the Fresno Chamber of Commerce headquarters on H Street, now Broadway Street.
Built in the mission revival style in 1903 with donated funds, it was located in Commercial Park next to the Southern Pacific terminal. It provided Fresno visitors with a display of local products and produce.
First started in 1885 as a citywide organization, the chamber expanded 10 years later to encompass the entire county.
The chamber relocated to the Fresno Memorial Auditorium in 1936. The handsome structure was torn down in 1959, replaced by the Greyhound bus terminal.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.