Hiiii. It’s Wednesday, Aug. 17, 2016. Here’s your helping of the Morning Scoop.
What You Need to Know
• Fires in California seem to be bigger, scarier and faster than ever...
• ...Also indiscriminate, as one burned a popular Lake Tahoe tourist attraction yesterday.
• Have you seen this Fresno man suspected of stealing a dog? The family whose beloved pet was taken want her back.
• Clovis High’s Jenna Prandini didn’t make the 200-meter finals, but she may not be finished in Rio.
• McDonald’s has decided putting step counters in its Happy Meals is a good way to take the focus off the fact your child is eating hot, delicious garbage.
• “The bologna was not seized as evidence.”
What You Want to Know
• When you send your child to a friend’s to play, are there guns in the house? Are they secure? Are you sure?
• If you pee in public in Cyprus, you may be stabbed to death. I think I heard that on the Travel Channel, too.
• Advice from the file marked “No doy”: Before you quit that job, think about it.
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• An alligator was found in a creek in Fremont, Calif., and I’m telling you, we’re about two weeks away from someone in Fresno finding one in their toilet. They’re coming for us all. Happy Wednesday!