Hi, all. It’s Wednesday, August 10, 2016. Here’s your helping of the Morning Scoop.
What You Need to Know
• In a tragic accident, a 73-year-old Florida woman was shot by police during a safety demonstration.
• Also in Florida, a man is invoking the “Stand Your Ground” defense after shooting his ex-girlfriend in a Denny’s bathroom.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• A sandwich artist in Utah is in trouble for spiking a police officer’s drink with meth, which is the worst way to promote your lemonade, Subway.
• Madera County is getting a new morgue, which is not as exciting as a Dave and Buster’s but still pretty necessary.
• Clinton is leading Trump in the polls, though not as much as before.
• PG&E got busted big time.
What You Want to Know
• Alton Brown is coming back to Fresno and this time he’s bringing puppets, therapy and danger. And maybe some food?
• Fresno is not going to be running out of beer anytime soon.
• A baby is doing well thanks to a heart-lung machine that saved his life, and if you can get through this story without tearing up, you’re a stronger person than I am, you robot.
• The U.S. is doing pretty well at the Olympics right now.
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• Fresno City College is offering a Pokémon Go class because it’s 2016 and the universe is like, “LOL IDK.”
• And finally, a California dairy industry campaign about cow farts is in our collective future, so start getting excited now.