Hi, friends. It’s Tuesday, August 9, 2016. Here’s your helping of the Morning Scoop.
What You Need to Know
• A teen who disappeared at a national park was found a couple of days later acting strangely with dyed hair and a change of clothes, and that’s just the beginning of this bizarre story.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• High-profile Republicans who can’t bring themselves to support their party’s candidate for president are starting to come out of the woodwork.
• NBC has justified tape-delay coverage of the Olympics by blaming women and what it suggests is our apparent need for sports events to be presented like an episode of “Grey’s Anatomy.”
• Naked: check. High on meth: check. High-speed chase in a pickup truck through the streets of Fresno: check check check.
• Imagine the worst-case scenario in a roommate dispute. Does it look like this?
What You Want to Know
• An Italian sailor has saved a kitten from drowning, causing the internet’s collective heart to explode.
• A new Cirque du Soleil show for folks who love giant animal puppets and staring at their phones during performances is coming to Fresno.
• Camp Sunshine Dreams, a camp for kids with cancer and their siblings, does good things and could use some support.
• Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey will soon open the first virtual reality roller coaster. Riders will become virtual fighter pilots battling gargoyles because sure, why not.
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• Remember Gags the creepy clown? Turns out he’s not a legit murderous clown wandering the streets of Wisconsin. Doy.
• And finally, all of your friends hate you. Byeeeeee!