Hey there. It’s Monday, August 8, 2016. Here’s your helping of the Morning Scoop.
What You Need to Know
• A Los Banos teen has been identified as one of two skydivers killed during a tandem jump in Lodi.
• Fresno probation chief Rick Chavez says allegations made against him by Fresno County Superior Court judges are false. (He says a lot more stuff as well.)
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• The federal government has released ratings for area hospitals – in case you’re looking to plan a three-star or higher emergency.
• Hurricane season in Mexico has turned deadly.
• While fire season in California just won’t let up.
What You Want to Know
• Michael Phelps stopped selling Subway sandwiches long enough to do some swimming over the weekend.
• But the real winner of the Rio Olympics is Leslie Jones.
• Tableaux vivants are real and not just something you saw years ago on that one episode of “Arrested Development.”
• The “Hobby” part of Hobby Lobby makes sense but not the “Lobby” part. Like, how small is this store?
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• Remember that old joke about Delta Air Lines standing for “Doesn’t Ever Leave The Airport”? Well.
• And some guy who never has held elected office before has announced his bid to run for POTUS. No, not that guy. Another one.