Work crews add finishing touches to Hobby Lobby before it opens in Fresno
Hey there. It’s Monday, August 8, 2016. Here’s your helping of the Morning Scoop.
What You Need to Know
• A Los Banos teen has been identified as one of two skydivers killed during a tandem jump in Lodi.
• Fresno probation chief Rick Chavez says allegations made against him by Fresno County Superior Court judges are false. (He says a lot more stuff as well.)
• The federal government has released ratings for area hospitals – in case you’re looking to plan a three-star or higher emergency.
• Hurricane season in Mexico has turned deadly.
• While fire season in California just won’t let up.
What You Want to Know
• Michael Phelps stopped selling Subway sandwiches long enough to do some swimming over the weekend.
• But the real winner of the Rio Olympics is Leslie Jones.
• Tableaux vivants are real and not just something you saw years ago on that one episode of “Arrested Development.”
• The “Hobby” part of Hobby Lobby makes sense but not the “Lobby” part. Like, how small is this store?
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• Remember that old joke about Delta Air Lines standing for “Doesn’t Ever Leave The Airport”? Well.
• And some guy who never has held elected office before has announced his bid to run for POTUS. No, not that guy. Another one.