Heyyy. It’s Thursday, Aug. 4, 2016. Here’s your helping of the Morning Scoop.
What You Need to Know
• As if there aren’t enough problems in the world right now, there was a fatal knife attack in London last night.
• A Fresno resident’s urine has tested positive for lead which is, you know, not great.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• The Zika virus is real but some of the products claiming to combat it are not.
• Hiker Kelan Poorman was rescued by a CHP copter after falling ill at Edison Lake, the poor … um, man.
• Clint Eastwood, whose legacy is fast becoming that thing where he talked to an empty chair at the 2012 RNC convention, has decided to say a bunch of words about Donald Trump.
What You Want to Know
• Fresno Chaffee Zoo is helping to save the Western Pond Turtle, northern California’s only native turtle species and basically the cutest little thing you’ll see all day.
• Alien Ant Farm, Trapt, Crazy Town and Tantric are coming to town and at first you’re like, “I don’t need to see that,” but then you start singing ‘Smooth Criminal’ and it’s like, “Yeah, okay. Where do I buy tickets?”
• Tonight is Art Hop. Be there or be square.
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• A man in Florida, for reasons I can’t begin to fathom, viciously injured a flamingo. A dancing flamingo.
• And what’s the last thing you’d want to see wandering around your neighborhood at 2 a.m.? Yes, correct: it is a creepy clown named Gags.