‘Morning, all. It’s Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2016. Here’s your helping of the Morning Scoop.
What You Need to Know
• The family of Dylan Noble, who was shot and killed by Fresno police in June, is angry after details from the 19-year-old’s toxicology report were leaked.
• The Goose Fire (not a reference to Top Gun—I checked) is now 60% contained and residents are starting to return to their homes.
• Merced College administrators are getting heat for hiring a private eye to fingerprint a letter they didn’t like and Netflix is probably already filming a 10-part series about it.
• There will be a public memorial service for Jimmy, a Fresno County Sheriff’s K-9, at 1 p.m. today.
• And like that mold that keeps showing up on your bathroom ceiling no matter how many times you scrub it away, Obama birther questions are back.
What You Want to Know
• Millennials – a generation of adults obsessed with catching cartoons on their phones – aren’t having sex because it isn’t “magical” enough. LOL OK
• If you can’t immediately name three “Suicide Squad” characters, you’re going to need this guide to understand what your geek friends are talking about this weekend.
• And in this week’s fishing report, one of the suggestions for catching fish is “try dynamite.” TRY DYNAMITE. If that doesn’t work: *shrug*
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• A couple who abandoned their toddler at home to play “Pokémon Go” responded exactly how you might expect when contacted by authorities: “Whatever.”
• And brain-eating amoeba has been found in South Carolina. Enjoy your day!