Ice Cube rocks the mic at Big Fresno Fair
It’s Wednesday, Oct. 11, 2017. Welcome to your Morning Scoop of fresh headlines and general good stuff. Sign up to get the Scoop in your email inbox.
• The death toll rises in the devastating Wine Country wildfires in Sonoma and Napa counties. Here’s the latest.
• A owner of a dog has earned a stay of execution for his pet. The city of Visalia, which considers Armani the pit bull a dangerous animal, promised not to put the dog down until a hearing next month on a legal action brought by Armani’s owner.
• Fresno Unified trustees said they will discuss action against board president Brooke Ashjian after the district released emails in which he praises anti-LGBT advocates who support him.
• Hey, just what Fresno County needs: More places to buy booze.
Watch This Video
Good Stuff to Know
• Columnist Marek Warszawski admits to not small amount of surprise – and to a dash of trepidation – that he wrote this: Fresno State football is bowl-bound.
• Old School was in session Wednesday night as rapper Ice Cube performed at The Big Fresno Fair. Here’s a review and video.
• Valley Children’s Hospital’s expansion plans mean the end of a golf center along the San Joaquin River.
• In the mood to commit a crime? Beware: Your Fitbit, key fob or pacemaker could rat you out.
• Here’s a weird case: A man commits suicide, and in a text message says he’s leaving nothing to his wife. Does that qualify as a legal will?
• Well, this is certainly one way to tell a business you aren’t satisfied with its service. A bit extreme, though.