It’s Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2017. Welcome to your Morning Scoop of fresh headlines and general good stuff. Sign up to get the Scoop in your email inbox.
• Central California Women’s Conference is today at the downtown convention center. Here’s our profile on para-athlete Amy Purdy, the keynote speaker.
• “We wanted to see what all the commotion was about,” said one of the folks browsing Hustler Hollywood, the sexytimes boutique for the boudoir that performed a soft opening Monday. Our Brianna Calix offers a tour.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Fresno Bee
• The emotional shock over the death of 22-year-old Breanna Bradford, allegedly at the hands of her former boyfriend, reverberated from Fresno to Hanford.
• SoCal lit up Twitter after a 3.6 earthquake struck near Westwood late last night. Some made a point of being unimpressed.
• Lawyers rolled out their opening arguments in a Fresno murder trial in which the victim was killed by a ricochet bullet.
• A poll says more than half of California voters feel the state’s housing affordability crisis is so bad they’ve considered moving.
Watch This Video
• Dog cam + Bring Your Pooch Night at a soccer match = this >>
Good Stuff to Know
• California is the only state that allows the sale of wine infused with marijuana. Good luck finding a bottle, though.
• This list of things to do and see around Fresno is aimed at newcomers, but it’s useful for us old-timers, too.
• It appears Marie Callender’s wasn’t getting enough love from local restaurant-goers. Farewell.
• A reminder before you take that jaunt to the coast: Pismo Beach Pier is closed for rehab.
• If you get a call from someone at Fresno Yosemite International Airport asking for money, watch out: It’s likely a scam.
• Here are details about Target’s recall of 178,000 bedroom dressers that are unstable and could fall onto toddlers.
• This story involving staff at a Florida hospital, babies and gonzo social media posts is weird weird weird.
• Just in time for the start of Christmas shopping: Toys R Us might file for bankruptcy.