It’s Wednesday, June 21, 2017. Welcome to your Morning Scoop of intriguing tales, fresh news and things that make you go “hmm.” Sign up to get the Scoop in your email inbox.
• Voters in Fresno supported to legalization of pot. But the Fresno City Council will vote Thursday on whether to ban all marijuana cultivation – including medical and personal use – within city limits.
• It’s an all out Twitter war between the Fresno Teachers Association and top Fresno Unified district officials. Is this any way to negotiate?
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• Bill McEwen says Rep. Devin Nunes has been stricken by political amnesia. He’s got the quotes to prove it.
• Looks like we’ve got some work to do. A new study finds that when it comes to health, environmental protection, and fighting discrimination, the U.S. trails many other developed countries.
• Fresno’s Peter Guekguezian keeps winning on “Jeopardy!” You should watch, he’s back on TV tonight. Can he keep his streak going?
Good Stuff to Know
• Big concert news … the Foo Fighters set a Fresno concert date. Rock on!
• Fresno’s newest Olive Garden is ready to open at the Marketplace at El Paseo. Buon appetito!
• If you know someone looking for work, the California Department of Transportation will hold a job fair this week.
• That Aaron Judge guy – you know the former Fresno State player who is taking MLB by storm – is heading to the All-Star Home Run Derby.
Watch This Video
• How refreshing. Fresno Chaffee Zoo Asian elephant Shaunzi enjoys a plunge in her pool during Fresno’s heat wave.
• Here’s where to go fishing.
• Huh? She doesn’t like Chief Jerry Dyer, so she pelted a police car with rocks.
• This was spotted at a Valley grocery store. Ewwww.
• And on a less icky note, because who wants to end on that, it’s World Giraffe Day. You can do this today.