Good morning! It’s Tuesday, June 13, 2017 and here’s your Morning Scoop of news and other stuff. Subscribe to add the Scoop to your email inbox.
What You Need to Know
• Authorities are investigating a rooftop confrontation in Selma in which they say a man with a knife charged an officer and was gunned down by police.
• To those who secretly (or not-so) hoped the Golden State Warriors would lose NBA Finals Game 4 in Cleveland so spelling bee champ and Dubs fan Ananya Vinay could attend Game 5 in Oakland – well done.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• How do the NBA champion Warriors compare with the Michael Jordan Bulls or Bill Russell Celtics?
• Should the Fresno government use taxpayer money to defend immigrants against deportation?
• Fired FBI director James Comey’s version of a critical encounter with President Trump gets its first test today when Attorney General Jeff Sessions testifies before a Senate committee.
• A longtime friend of President Trump sent up a hydrogen-filled trial balloon, saying Trump is weighing the option of firing Robert Mueller, the special counsel charged with investigating Russian interference in the U.S. election.
What You Want to Know
• The first word that comes to mind when reading about the keynote speaker announced for the Central California Women’s Conference is “inspiration.”
• Why are four Fresno restaurants closing? Retail reporter Bethany Clough is ON IT.
• Why is luxury clothing/accessories store Michael Kors facing the ax at Fashion Fair? Bethany Clough is ON IT.
• Why isn’t there a dog park in Clovis? The city is finally taking at look.
• Please take time to read this amazing story of a Fresno High graduate who pushed through homelessness and a torn family to make her way to UC Berkeley.
What You Don’t Want to Know
• Should ABC air Megyn Kelly’s interview with “Infowars” host and Sandy Hook massacre denier Alex Jones?