Happy Friday! It’s June 2, 2017 and here’s your Morning Scoop of news and other stuff. Subscribe to add the Scoop to your email inbox.
Word for Word
“Human trafficking is totally bad. It’s totally illegal. It ruins people’s lives and the girls involved are true victims.”– Sen. Dianne Feinstein, talking after a meeting with local law enforcement yesterday.
What You Need to Know
• Ananya Vinay is the new National Spelling Bee champ. Girl has some serious Spizzerinctum, which the 12-year-old can both spell and define.
• If this face looks familiar, you may be able to help solve an FBI cold case.
• Doughnutpalooza is happening, people, like right now! Here’s your list of local shops to hit up.
What You Want to Know
• Derek Carr will now have his own action figure, which is something you’ll buy and not at all as a toy. It’s for collecting purposes, right?
• Do you know how many cars pass through that two-lane merge on Alluvial Avenue at Willow every day? Enough to merit an additional lane. It’s finally being built.
• A New Kids on the Block concert in 2017 is as odd as it is awesome.
• Saturday is Wonder Woman Day. There’s free comic books.
What You Don’t Want to Know
• Somebody got a COVFEFE license plate, because this is the world we live in.
• An NYC student held an impromptu graduation ceremony on the subway. Where he had been stuck. For hours.