Welcome! It’s Wednesday, May 17, 2017 and here’s your Morning Scoop of news and other stuff. Subscribe to add the Scoop to your email inbox.
Word for Word
“I would encourage this administration to disclose as much information as possible.”– Rep. David Valadao, R-Hanford, referring to any details about how and why President Trump disclosed classified, sensitive intelligence to Russia.
What You Need to Know
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Fresno Bee
• Keith Foster is expected to return to the witness stand today in his drug-trafficking trial, one day after the former Fresno deputy police chief rocked the federal courtroom by blowing up his lawyer’s defense strategy.
• So cool: Welcome to 1,000 new U.S. citizens, honored a ceremony Tuesday at Fresno Convention Center.
• Another family is suing Fresno Unified over an allegation that a school nurse made a disabled child ill by cleaning a feeding tube with bleach.
What You Want to Know
• In-and-Out is no longer our favorite burger joint, this poll says. So who’s No. 1?
• Michael Moore has an anti-Trump documentary in the works, and the working title has a familiar ring.
• Jimmy Kimmel to former Fresno State/current Indiana Pacers star Paul George: Come to L.A. Be a Laker. Please?
• The rolling hills and sweeping valleys of Northern California’s wine country are beginning to share acreage with that trendy, now-legal crop: pot.
What You Don’t Want to Know
• So going clubbing in a dress made of nothing but tape is a thing now. Haute couture from the shelves of Orchard Supply. Who knew?
• Speaking of the Fashion Twilight Zone, here’s something for Father’s Day: the man romper.
• Finish your breakfast before you read this: Beware of worms in your sushi.