Good morning! It’s Wednesday, May 10, 2017 and here’s your Morning Scoop of news and other stuff. Subscribe to add the Scoop to your email inbox.
Word for Word
“You’ve more than earned our respect … and the nuggets”– Wendy’s marketing executive Kurt Kane after a 16-year-old boy collected millions of Twitter re-tweets, thereby winning free chicken nuggets for a year from the fast-food joint.
What You Need to Know
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Fresno Bee
• Fresno Unified is in hot water with the state over using money meant for poor, minority students to pay for things such as police programs and bathroom renovations.
• Horrible news this morning: The wife of longtime ESPN broadcaster Chris Berman has died in a traffic crash.
• Hustler 1, Fresno government 0. The winner gets an adult-stuff retail store in a high-visibility location.
• Go ahead, if you must, and take Mom this weekend to a cookie-cutter chain restaurant. But if you want to try something different ...
What You Want to Know
• We have and will continue to endorse the goal of a food truck on every corner. Here are three more mobile eateries on the Fresno scene.
• He’s the sheriff. He’s a cowboy. The livestock in Merced County tap their hooves in fervent thanks.
• Marketing fail? Dove extends its positive-body-image message to curvy shapes for its body wash bottles.
What You Don’t Want to Know
• A 17-foot pet python is back home after going slither-about for two weeks. Our relief cannot be fully expressed.
• After a full night of drunken carousing, a woman went to bed. In the wrong house. This has never happened to us. Nope.