Hey. It’s Thursday, Dec. 22, 2016 and I’m here with your helping of the Morning Scoop. Subscribe here to get the Scoop in your inbox because you want to be informed but not too informed.
What You Need to Know
• Authorities in Europe are still hunting for the man accused of killing 12 people in a Christmas market in Berlin.
• A Fresno man has been hospitalized after his e-cigarette burst into flames in his pocket.
• Responding to a rise in teen suicides, Fresno County education and health leaders are meeting to determine how to help students in need.
• These are the most-watched videos that appeared on FresnoBee.com in 2016 and honestly, they’re almost all really hard to look at.
• If you can get to downtown Fresno early today, consider dropping off toys for an organization that desperately needs them.
• These places will be closed in observance of Christmas, but not Starbucks. I saw their big, braggy sign about being open Christmas Day.
What You Want to Know
• Emotional Advice Kid is the hero America needs right now.
• Monterey Bay is a truly magical place and we’re ridiculously lucky to live near it.
• The next week will be a good one for local music fans.
• “What horrific thing did members of the moviegoing public do to deserve such an unimaginative, excruciatingly vile and worthless comedy?”
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• Robert Durst showing up to court in a hot pink wheelchair is probably the least surprising thing he has ever done.
• And finally, a poll has officially determined the most annoying word in American conversations, but I can think of much more annoying words. Just saying. No, that’s what’s more annoying. “Just saying” is way more annoying.
Heather McLane: email@example.com, @heather_mclane