Hi there. It’s Thursday, Nov. 10, 2016 and I’m here with your helping of the Morning Scoop. (Subscribe here to get the Scoop in your inbox because you want to be informed but not too informed.)
What You Need to Know
• Weirdly, some folks are not happy with America’s choice for president, and they’ve taken to the streets to show this. (There’s a foul language warning on the videos in this link, so you know things are serious.)
• Some Californians are so displeased they’re like, “Wait, let’s just go.” And you know they’re serious too because they’ve created a hashtag.
• Fresno Unified is asking teachers to help students who are dealing with fear and anxiety following Tuesday’s election.
• Women concerned about their reproductive rights are switching up their birth control.
• Veterans Day is tomorrow, so here is a list of stuff that will be closed. (You know you’re going to check that mailbox anyway.)
• SPOILER: Fresno State is planning to announce Jeff Tedford as its new football coach tomorrow.
What You Want to Know
• There’s a huge soccer exhibition at the Chuk this weekend. Do people still call it the Chuk? Did anyone ever?
• Pulitzer Prize-winning editorial cartoonist Jack Ohman will give a talk at Fresno State this weekend.
• Please take a moment to look at this baby with a lot of hair.
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• If you take a cab to a house you plan to rob, pay the driver or he will report you to the police. Dummy.
• And finally, an animal rescue worker in Florida who was asked to help find a lost dog demanded money from the owner and threatened to call immigration when she didn’t get it because Florida, America, etc.
Have a great Thursday, you guys.
Heather McLane: firstname.lastname@example.org, @heather_mclane