Howdy. It’s Thursday, Sept. 22, 2016, and I’m here with your helping of the Morning Scoop. (Subscribe here to get the Scoop in your inbox because we survived another summer. Yayyy.)
What You Need to Know
• Authorities in Charlotte, NC, are considering a curfew after the second night of protests following the killing of Keith Lamont Scott got violent.
• The city of Hanford is all, “Pot, hmm? Mayyyyybe” after Clovis and Lemoore were like, “LOL no.”
• Water fell from the sky Wednesday, confounding and alarming humans on the ground below.
• There will be a barbecue lunch held today to raise funds for the correctional officers injured during a shooting at the Fresno County Jail.
• Binge-watching ‘The X Files’ for the last two weeks has me side eyeing hard any and all stories about downed military spy planes.
• For those who need a refresher on what it means to be human, 6-year-old Alex has it on lock.
What You Want to Know
• A news conference today will reveal plans for some kind of market to be built in downtown Fresno. Until then, revel in the suspense!
• Fresno’s Jalen Bailey – the 8-year-old baker who is already way more successful at life than I’ll ever be – will appear on “The Rachael Ray Show” Friday.
• Audra McDonald gets to hang out with President Obama this morning, and vice versa.
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• Sixty years of television having tried to convince us otherwise, it’s apparently not funny to hit someone in the face with a pie.
• And finally, basically everyone hates this election.
It’s the first day of fall, so you’re officially obligated to buy pumpkin spice-flavored everything. Go nuts and have a great Thursday.
Heather McLane: firstname.lastname@example.org, @heather_mclane