Heyyy. It’s Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2016, and I’m here with your helping of the Morning Scoop. (Subscribe here to get the Scoop in your inbox because Wednesdays. Amirite?)
What You Need to Know
• Protests broke out in Charlotte, NC, after police shot and killed Keith Lamont Scott.
• Lisa Ling hit the Central California Women’s Conference with some realness about the human trafficking problem in our Valley.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• Workers on Fulton Street have found really old telephone lines, which is cool but like, I wish it had been pirate bones or a map to Atlantis or something.
• Two very famous people have decided to stop being married to each other.
• Curtis Hanson, director of movies you’ve definitely seen or at least heard of, has died.
• The city of Chowchilla doesn’t care who it insults.
What You Want to Know
• This story about a dying dog attending his human’s wedding will hand you your first ugly cry of the day.
• Clovis is the place to go if you’re looking for new local restaurants.
• The Madera County Sheriff’s Office is going right for it with its “Doughnut with a Deputy” event. (Wait, is that how we’ve agreed to spell ‘donut’ in America? Me confused.)
• You can still get Garth Brooks tickets for this weekend, something something, “Friends in Low Places” joke.
What You Wish You Didn’t Know
• Tired of competing with their Tennessee counterparts for attention, people in Nashville, Mich., are trying to build a 3,000-foot sundae.
• And finally, a flower that smells like a dead animal mixed with urine is getting ready to bloom in New Hampshire for the first time since 2011. What a time to be alive!
Have a great Wednesday, y'all.
Heather McLane: firstname.lastname@example.org, @heather_mclane