Madera Unified is hosting a series of meetings to collect community input on budget priorities and the Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP).
The plan helps determine how state money should be spent through the local control funding formula process. School districts receiving additional money based how many low-income, English learners and foster children are enrolled.
Madera Unified is asking for parents, educators, employees, students and others in the community to help determine how to allocate its resources.
Upcoming meetings will be held in the cafeterias of following schools:
- Sierra Vista Elementary School, 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- Lincoln Elementary School, 5:30 p.m. Feb. 3.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School, 5:30 p.m. Feb. 10.
- Madera High School, 4 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. Feb. 17.
- Adams Elementary School, 5:30 p.m. Feb. 22.
- Madera South High School, 5:30 p.m. Feb. 25.
- Monroe Elementary School, 8:15 p.m. Feb. 29.
- Washington Elementary School, 8:15 p.m. March 7.