TOP 10 TEAMS
1. Clovis West (24-6) Next: vs. Central, today
2. Centennial (29-7) Next: vs. Liberty-Bakersfield, today
3. Liberty-Bakersfield (19-9) Next: at Centennial, today
4. Bakersfield (16-9) Next: vs. Stockdale, today
5. Central Valley Christian (23-4) Next: vs. Selma, today
6. Buchanan (14-15) Next: at Clovis East, today
7. Garces (25-12) Next: at Foothill, Wednesday
8. Clovis East (24-10) Next: vs. Buchanan, today
9. Frontier (16-15) Next: vs. Independence, today
10. Clovis (15-16) Next: vs. Clovis North, today
D-I 1. Clovis West; 2. Centennial; 3. Liberty
D-II 1. El Diamante (22-4); 2. Tehachapi (24-7); 3. Edison (23-6)
D-III 1. Madera South (27-7); 2. Independence (11-14); 3. West (22-6)
D-IV 1. CVC; 2. Bakersfield Christian (31-1); 3. Chowchilla (29-3)
D-V 1. Kings Christian (24-4); Fresno Christian (21-9-1); Laton (7-5)
Heading into the final week of the regular season, the top two contenders for the No. 1 playoff seed in Division I are two-time defending champion Clovis West and Centennial. The Golden Eagles have already secured the outright Tri-River Athletic Conference title, which will be a considerable feather in their cap when Central Section commissioner Jim Crichlow and three area commissioners meet Friday to map out the seedings. Centennial has clinched at least a tie for the Southwest Yosemite League title and can wrap it up outright with a win tonight over Liberty.
In D-II, El Diamante, which has clinched at least a tie for the West Yosemite League title, moves ahead of Tehachapi, which will finish second in the South Sequoia League.
In D-III, Madera South, which is on an 11-match winning streak and on course to win the North Yosemite League title, edges ahead of Independence despite the Falcons head-to-head win on Sept. 25.