TOP 10 TEAMS
1. Clovis West (21-6) Next: at Buchanan, today
2. Centennial (21-6) Next: vs. Independence, today
3. Liberty-Bakersfield (17-9) Next: vs. Stockdale, today
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
4. Bakersfield (14-5) Next: at Frontier, today
5. Central Valley Christian (20-2) Next: vs. Exeter, today
6. Buchanan (13-11) Next: vs. Clovis West, today
7. Garces (23-9) Next: vs. Highland, Wednesday
8. Clovis East (23-9) Next: at Clovis North, today
9. Clovis (13-15) Next: at Central, today
10. Frontier (14-15) Next: vs. Bakersfield, today
D-I 1. Clovis West; 2. Centennial; 3. Liberty
D-II 1. Tehachapi (23-6); 2. Edison (22-5); 3. El Diamante (20-4)
D-III 1. Independence (11-11); 2. Madera So. (24-7); 3. West (20-6-1)
D-IV 1. CVC; 2. Bakersfield Christian (29-1); 3. Chowchilla (27-3)
D-V 1. Kings Christian (23-4); Fresno Christian (19-9-1); Laton (6-7)
The depth and talent of the teams in the Central Section's two power leagues -- the Tri-River Athletic Conference and the Southwest Yosemite League -- keep these rankings shaking. Last week in the SWYL, Liberty-Bakersfield rallied to defeat Bakersfield 17-25, 25-22, 24-26, 28-26, 15-11 to leapfrog the Drillers into the No. 3 position. In the TRAC, Clovis lost a pair of four-set matches to Clovis West and Clovis East to drop from No. 6 to No. 9. Buchanan moved up from No. 7 to No. 6 after scoring wins over Clovis North and Central last week, but faces stiff challenges this week during home matches against Clovis West and Clovis.
Two-time defending Division I champion Clovis West further established itself as the team to beat in the section by placing fifth overall at the 56-team Nike Tournament of Champions in Phoenix over the weekend.
Kings Christian, with two more wins last week, looks like a lock for the No. 1 seed in Division V.