OVERALL TOP 10
1. Buchanan (29-2) Next: vs. Clovis East, today
2. Clovis West (22-10) Next: at Madera, today
3. Stockdale (18-7-1) Next: vs. North, Wednesday
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Fresno Bee
4. Clovis (22-10) Next: vs. Central, today
5. Hanford West (26-6) Next: at El Diamante, today
6. Ridgeview (21-5) Next: at West, Wednesday
7. Madera (14-13-1) Next: vs. Clovis West, today
8. Central (15-13-1) Next: at Clovis, today
9. Frontier (26-7-1) Next: vs. South, Wednesday
10. El Diamante (19-8) Next: vs. Hanford West, today
D-I 1. Buchanan; 2. Clovis West; 3. Stockdale
D-II 1. Frontier; 2. El Diamante; 3. North (22-8)
D-III 1. Hanford West; 2. Ridgeview; 3. Tehachapi (24-4)
D-IV 1. Kerman (24-5), 2. Kingsburg (20-9); 3. Wash. (19-10)
D-V 1. Liberty-MR (21-5-1); 2. Riverdale (22-7); 3. Lindsay (16-8)
D-VI 1. Laton (15-3); 2. McFarland (N/A); 2. Kings Christ. (10-8-1)
BALLS, BATS AND BUZZ
Buchanan suffered its first loss to an opponent from the Central Section last week -- 4-3 against Clovis West -- but retains its top ranking based on its overall body of work, including two previous victories over the Golden Eagles. The Bears already have clinched at least a tie for the Tri-River Athletic Conference title.
Stockdale also slips after getting blanked 2-0 by Ridgeview last week. The Mustangs can still wrap up the outright Southwest Yosemite League title with a win over North or West this week.
Kingsburg, which has a one-game lead in the Central Sequoia League with two to play, debuts in the Division IV rankings this week at No. 2.