1. Buchanan (20-3) Next: at Clovis West, today
2. Clovis West (27-9) Next: vs. Buchanan, today
3. Centennial (22-2) Next: vs. North, Thursday
4. Bakersfield (24-7) Next: at Golden Valley, today
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Fresno Bee
5. Liberty-Bakersfield (17-6) Next: at East, today
6. Garces (20-5) Next: vs. Foothill, Thursday
7. Frontier (20-6) Next: at Ridgeview, today
8. Clovis (21-13) Next: at Madera, today
9. Bullard (21-6) Next: vs. Edison, today
10. Central Valley Christian (22-3) Next: at Immanuel, today
1. Buchanan; 2. Clovis West; 3. Centennial
1. Garces; 2. Frontier; 3. Lemoore (23-5)
1. Tehachapi (21-4); 2. Exeter (20-6); 3. Madera South (18-7)
1. Central Valley Christian; 2. Immanuel (13-9); 3. Bakersfield Christian (14-8)
1. Mission Prep (21-4-1); 2. Fresno Christian (21-8-1); 3. Strathmore (20-5)
The showdown of the week is tonight at Clovis West, where the second-ranked Golden Eagles host No. 1 Buchanan in a Tri-River Athletic Conference match that should go a long way in determining the top seed in the Central Section Division I playoffs. The Bears won 21-25, 25-22, 25-23, 25-19 in their previous meeting Oct. 8 at Buchanan.
Centennial, the other likely contender for D-I's top seed, continues to sit atop the Southwest Yosemite League following wins over Frontier and Stockdale last week.
Southeast Yosemite League leader Bakersfield stayed on track for a top-four seed with victories over Garces and Foothill.
Thursday's Lemoore at El Diamante match will carry large playoff implications in D-II. A top three seed could eventually go to the winner.