1. Buchanan (16-3) Next: at Clovis, today
2. Clovis West (19-7) Next: vs. Clovis East, today
3. Centennial (19-2) Next: vs. West, today
4. Liberty-Bakersfield (15-5) Next: vs. Bakersfield, today
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Fresno Bee
5. Bakersfield (21-8) Next: at Liberty-Bakersfield, today
6. Garces (15-4) Next: at Golden Valley, today
7. Frontier (17-5) Next: vs. Stockdale, today
8. Clovis (19-11) Next: vs. Buchanan, today
9. Bullard (17-6) Next: at Hoover, today
10. CVC (19-3) Next: at Exeter, today
1. Buchanan; 2. Clovis West; 3. Centennial
1. Garces; 2. Frontier; 3. El Diamante (13-4)
Tehachapi (18-4); 2. Exeter (17-5); 3. Madera South (13-7)
1. Central Valley Christian; 2. Immanuel (11-8); 3. Bakersfield Christian (9-5)
1. Fresno Christian (12-6-1); Mission Prep (17-4-1); Strathmore (16-5-1)
Buchanan solidified its hold on the top spot with a 21-25, 25-22, 25-23, 25-19 victory over No. 2 Clovis West last week in a match that was very closely contested despite the Bears winning in four sets. The rematch is Oct. 27 at Clovis West.
Clovis breaks into the top 10 after defeating previously ninth-ranked Madera and Clovis East last week. An earlier victory over Bullard also boosted the stock of the Cougars, who have shown significant improvement recently and field two of the Central Section's best outside hitters in Jenna Prandini and Karah Mitchell.
The rankings showdown of the week is in Kern County, where Liberty-Bakersfield hosts Bakersfield in a Southeast Yosemite League match that should have postseason seeding implications.
Madera South joins the Division III rankings for the first time after winning 11 of its past 12 matches.