1. Buchanan (14-3) Next: at Madera, today
2. Clovis West (18-6) Next: vs. Central, today
3. Centennial (17-2) Next: at North, today
4. Liberty-Bakersfield (13-5) Next: at Garces, today
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
5. Bakersfield (19-8) Next: at East Bakersfield, today
6. Garces (15-3) Next: at Foothill, today
7. Bullard (15-6) Next: vs. Reedley, today
8. Frontier (15-5) Next: at South, today
9. Madera (24-3) Next: vs. Buchanan, today
10. Central Valley Christian (17-3) Next: at Kingsburg, today
1. Buchanan; 2. Clovis West; 3. Centennial
1. Garces; 2. Frontier; 3. El Diamante (12-3)
1. Tehachapi (16-4); 2. Exeter (11-4); 3. Golden Valley (8-4)
1. Central Valley Christian; 2. Bakersfield Christian (7-5); 3. Immanuel (9-8)
1. Fresno Christian (12-6-1); Mission Prep (13-3-1); Strathmore (13-5-2)
The top two ranked teams are scheduled to collide this week when No. 1 Buchanan hosts No. 2 Clovis West on Thursday. Neither team has lost to an opponent from the Central Section. Early superiority in the Tri-River Athletic Conference is on the line in the first of three potential meetings between these Clovis Unified rivals (twice in league play, and possibly again in the postseason).
Bullard, which had a seventh-place finish at the Bay Cities Invitational two weeks ago in La Jolla, faces its toughest challenger for the County/Metro Athletic Conference title -- Edison -- on Thursday.
Southeast Yosemite League rivals Liberty and Garces meet today in a potential rankings shaker. Bakersfield, the third top contender for the SEYL title, awaits Liberty next week.
El Diamante, winner of five straight matches, breaks into the Division II rankings for the first time at No. 3.