Clovis News

Local briefs: Carbon monoxide suspected in 2 deaths

Two people have died from what appears to be carbon monoxide poisoning inside their home, the Kings County Sheriff's Department said. The bodies were discovered Sunday evening.

The carbon monoxide was emitted from a heating device, said Sgt. Steve Fry.

The names of the two people, who lived on 10th Avenue in a county area south of Hanford, will be released when their identities are confirmed, said Kings County chief deputy coroner Tom Edmonds.

Four families displaced

An attic fire at an apartment complex in southeast Fresno displaced four families Tuesday night, Fresno fire officials said.

The fire was reported at 5:32 p.m. at the Torrey Ridge Apartments on the 200 block of South Clovis Avenue.

Officials believe the fire may have been caused by an electrical malfunction in the common attic above one apartment, and it quickly spread to three adjoining apartments. Occupants of the four apartments escaped uninjured, fire officials said. Damage was estimated at $125,000.

Inter-library loan option widened

Fresno County Library members now can request library items from around the world from the comfort of home, library officials said.

The Fresno County Public Library is offering members a new inter-library loan option to its members seeking materials not available in the local library system, spokeswoman Roberta Barton said.

Library members used to have to request these items during regular business hours, but now can do so using the library website, Barton said.

To request books or other materials from other libraries, go to www.fresnolibrary.org/serv/illfaq.html

  Comments