- Shelly Weldon and Patty Gouthro, commercial account managers of United Valley Insurance Agency, each earned an Associate in Insurance Services designation.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Fresno Bee
- Sandra Gomez is the new executive director of the Tulare/Kings Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Gomez is the co-owner of Boleros Mexican Cocina.
- Diane Hoyt was named vice president of quality and patient safety for the Adventist Health/Central Valley Network.
- Maria Rodriguez, a credit and housing counselor in the ClearPoint Credit Counseling Solutions Fresno office, is the 2010 recipient of the Bank of California Leadership Award. The "Grizzly" is presented to an individual whose work helps families save money by using basic financial services others may take for granted.
- The Cultural Arts Rotary Club presented $2,400 to Big Brothers Big Sisters to assist in development and dissemination of brochures and information to recruit adult mentors and bring resources to the program, which pairs adults with youths; $500 to Focus Forward, a program that provides opportunities through an arts-related program for youths incarcerated at the Juvenile Justice Campus; and $500 to the Sierra Chamber Opera, which brings opera presentations into the classroom for youths of all ages.
- Sarkis Baghdasarian and Ryan Berg are new doctors now practicing at University Cardiovascular Center.
- Cyndy Paulus was promoted to assistant vice president, human resource officer at Suncrest Bank.