A pan of grease left on a burning stove was the cause of a residential fire Thursday afternoon in Fresno County, authorities said.
The home on the 8100 block of North Sunnyside Avenue did not have any working smoke detectors, Fresno County Fire spokesman John Dominguez said.
The caller reported that the fire was out, but crews discovered fire in the attic above the kitchen upon arrival at 4:15 p.m., Dominguez said.
No one was injured. Damage is estimated at $10,000.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.