- Fresno resident Judge Richard C. Goodwin, a U.S. administrative law judge in the office of hearings, U.S. Department of Transportation in Washington, D.C., was elevated to chair-elect of the Judicial Division, American Bar Association at the recent annual meeting.
- Dr. Mary Barakzai of the Central California Center for Excellence in Nursing at California State University, Fresno, and Beverly Miller, a lecturer in the university's Department of Nursing, were inducted into the Central San Joaquin Valley Nursing Hall of Fame at the seventh annual Nursing Hall of Fame luncheon.
- Adam Gruszczynski, an accountant with Dritsas Groom McCormick, LLP, recently earned his certified public accountant license.
- Mayra Ruiz was congratulated by the Fresno Team of Wells Fargo Home Mortgage for 10 years of service as a home-mortgage consultant.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
- Dr. Harry G. Harris, president of HealthCare California, went on a 10-day visit to China to consult on health-care delivery systems and management strategies. Dr. Harris was invited by Chinese entrepreneurs to visit Shanghai and Urumqi in Xinjiang province.
- Fresno-based VisionOne Inc. was named to Inc. magazine's 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies. The company ranked No. 3,342.
- Coldwell Banker Choboian Real Estate's top agents for August are Julie Beltran, top agent for new listings, Maria Chavez, top agent for open escrows, and Lorri Silva, top agent in closed escrows.
- Keith Pretzer was named Wells Fargo's principal business relationship manager for the Central Valley. Pretzer is responsible for managing and servicing a portfolio of business clients throughout the Valley.
- Jeff Merrill was the No. 1 producing loan officer for July for Guarantee Home Loans. Nick Barayuga and Guy Willis were also honored for their July production.
- Lucas Phan was recognized by US Mortgage Center for outstanding customer service for August.
- Clarissa Shoffner, RN, float nurse, and Denise Winslow, RN, Birthing Center nurse, were presented the Daisy Award for extraordinary nursing from Kaiser Permanente Fresno.
- Agents joining Guarantee Real Estate are Jay Froman Sr., Jay Froman Jr., C.J. Workman, Aaron Moultrie and Daniel Fierro, Clovis office, and Ramiro Gutierrez, Kingsburg office.