Food left on a kitchen stove caused a fire at a Clovis apartment complex Monday evening, a fire official said.
The fire in the 900 block of Pollasky Avenue began about 7 p.m. and damaged one apartment, said Clovis fire Battalion Chief Marty Kemp. The three other apartments in the complex were damaged by smoke.
No one was injured, but six residents were displaced.
The cost of damage was estimated at about $65,000, Kemp said.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.